Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Little Trashion for your Tuesday Night...


I opened my craft cabinet today and was attacked by a down pour of tin cans. I've collected a variety of coffee and tea tins... vintage tins... mint tins... I always think I'll find a use for them at some point.

Here are a few crafty candle ideas I just might try to duplicate this weekend.



Decorative and vintage coffee and tea tins make great candles! It's as simple as gluing a wick to the bottom and adding some wax.

I like to use the wax from old candles... just scrape the wax out of an old jar... melt it in a pot and pour into the tin (after adding the wick of course)



*Click the link below the picture to redirect to a much better tutorial that originally appeared in the book Country Living Homemade Candles



You can also make a travel size versions using old mint tins and a very sophisticated technique we like to call... decoupage.



*Click the above link to redirect to full DIY directions from Kate over at Design*Sponge.



My favorite just might be the pierced tin garden lantern.


via ::Fine Gardening::

*Click the link for a step-by-step video tutorial!!


You can even use the same technique (with a little paint) to create unique table numbers at your next event.



This is a great idea for the green bride!

*Again... the link above leads to an easy how to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio